Home Care Instructions: Whitening
We recommend that you AVOID the following for the next 24 hours:
- Red wine
- Dark sodas
- Coffee or tea
- Red sauces
- Mustard or ketchup
- Soy sauce and A-1 sauce
- Anything else that would stain a white shirt
White & Clear foods that you may consume for the next 24 hours:
- Clear soda
- Bananas and apples (but no peels!)
- White bread and flour tortillas
- Oatmeal and cream of wheat
- Plain yogurt
- White cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese
- White rice
- Baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey, chicken breast (no skin), and white fish
You may also experience some tooth sensitivity during this period. If you do have any sensitivity symptoms, you may take whatever you would normally use for a headache.
- Whitening works best on yellow stained teeth. Gray teeth are more difficult to whiten, or may not respond to treatment. Such cases may require porcelain veneers to achieve the desired result.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on many factors including habits such as coffee, tea, wine, or cola consumption and smoking.